1. The lunar eclipse on November 8 takes place in Taurus while tightly conjunct Uranus. This promises to bring major changes on a geopolitical scale and for those with key natal placements in the 15°–17° range of the fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius). Uranus is the only planet that can bring immediate positive developments when under stress like this. But the opposite is also true: Uranus in Taurus shaping this lunar eclipse can signal the collapse of long-held traditions and feelings of security. Since Mercury conjoins the Sun at this time, expect high levels of anxiety, scattered or inconsistent thinking, and absurd or even irrational statements. Avoid jumping to conclusions before all the relevant facts are known.
2. Black Moon Lilith squares Eris on the 17th, but this harsh aspect is in effect from the 9th–25th. Lilith and Eris are emerging archetypes in the astrological pantheon and both are named after powerful mythological goddesses. They add gender balance to the collective patriarchal order, but they can become ferociously enraged and vindictive when they feel they haven’t been treated fairly. This becomes more likely when they’re under stress, which is the case during this two-week interval. Those with planets in 23°–25° of the cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn) are the most likely to express or otherwise personally experience the rage that can suddenly erupt during this aspect. Watch out!
3. Mars squares Neptune on the 19th and is in effect from the 15th–22nd. Since Mars is in Gemini and retrograde, the square to evasive, deceptive Neptune can bring a phase of misguided actions and communications. This phase is not a good time to begin new projects since clarity is generally lacking and goals may be unreachable. If you want to remain close to those you love and appreciate, avoid being cynical or sarcastic. Excessive indulging in drugs and/or alcohol may also become problematic for those under the influence of this dynamic. Positively expressed, this is a good time to pursue creative activities and tune into your spiritual side.
4. Mercury conjoins Venus on the 21st, and this combination is in effect from the 18th–24th. In philosophical, adventurous Sagittarius, Mercury and Venus together inspire camaraderie, romantic outings, and other congenial social activities. This combination is favorable to improve or even beautify your living space, your personal appearance, and your workspace. There’s no negative side to this duo, except possibly being too opinionated in the wrong crowd. This is an excellent time to travel, connect with distant family and friends, and visit Mother Nature to clear your mind. Those with natal planets in 3°–11° Sagittarius have the most to gain from this auspicious duo.
5. Jupiter stations direct on the 23rd in late Pisces, increasing the sense of compassion for less fortunate souls. Conducting acts of kindness not only rewards others, but may be especially fulfilling on a personal level as we recognize that we are all interconnected. Since the New Moon is also on the 23rd, this is a good time to make a new start in a variety of ventures. Taking advantage of this Jupiter station means understanding how your personal goals function to help the collective in some way. Then, when Jupiter re-enters Aries on December 20, you’ll get a jumpstart by knowing that you’re empowered by higher forces.
Michael O’Reilly is a professional astrologer and counselor specializing in the use of political and evolutionary astrology. His recently published book, The Ultimate Book of Astrology Books, is a collection of book reviews he wrote for Dell Horoscope magazine between 1993 and 2020. Visit his website at Neptune Cafe or email email@example.com.