I’m not going to add much to the blogs I’ve collected on the Venus transit, which is upon us.
I know that I am in the midst of some here-to-fore untraveled turns in my life, and am seeing other loved ones having revelations in matters of the heart.
But, the personal heart aside, this is certainly the time to take in the wildest, most imaginative view, and I am very happy to have connected with old friend David Tresemer at UAC.
I have followed his work and reviewed his book on the Venus Eclipse here.
Here is his very interesting summary of practical approaches to the transit:
“1. All of our pictures of the world are powered by energy. Giordano Bruno termed these “erotic phantasms.” Eros — passion, desire, love/hate, Venus! — motivates and energizes phantasms — pictures of this-is-just-the-way-it-is, dreams, visualizations, ideas, worldview…. Rudolf Steiner described the same dynamic, though with less colorful terms. “Erotic phantasms” are not to be banished, as in “do away with all desire,” but more importantly to be recognized and worked with actively.
2. Eros/Venus will be stimulated and made turbulent by the eclipse on June 5/6 (the exact time mid-morning on the 6th is less important, as we are in this rare celestial event, by anticipation, right now, and will be for some months). That restless Eros will seek images to empower.
3. Marketers, especially of technological gadgets, have used and will use this undirected Eros. Going-with-the-flow on your part accepts that the world will be imagined by corporate marketers.
4. You too can direct that energy of Eros — can meet it — by creating pictures of the ideal for yourself and for the world. Not vague, woo-woo pictures but rather very specific and detailed pictures of anything that arouses your interest.
5. For example, with the situation at Fukushima still teetering on the edge of its largest explosion, you could imagine that the explosion does not happen, that heroic scientists work out how to remove the fuels to a safe place, and that all species develop a capacity to learn from and transform radioactivity. In terms of the mythic images in the VenusEclipse book , this means envisioning the taming of the magical fire-bird to subdue its expressions on the earth.
6. If you cannot formulate new pictures — if the world as you perceive it holds you in its thrall — then you can focus on the picture of how-things-are-right-now-as-you-perceive-them each night before sleeping. Look closely at the details, best without judgment, and hold the picture in your mind, for just a minute. Spiritual beings will take it up through the night, and in the morning (or in a few days) you will have an insight about how to penetrate even the most difficult problems.
7. In any case, take this opportunity to cultivate your relationship to ideals that engage Eros behind them. Those imaginations will focus your desire — the restless eros of this time — in ways that will be healthy for you and for everyone else.”
Here is his short video on the Venus Eclipse.
I am essentially seeing this beautiful, rare astronomy of the Venus transit as the indescribably wondrous cosmos providing earthlings with an exceptional, perfectly timed, and necessary infusion of Love. Not in a sentimental or self-referential way, but as a time in our journey through the heavenly spheres to harness and recharge the deepest layer of the implicate order.
In his 1995 article in TMA, I remember astrologer-physicist Will Keepin describing Love as what is held in the deepest layer of the implicate order. I am way oversimplifying and paraphrasing, but basically the explicate order is the visible universe, the manifest realm. The implicate order is the unseen, or unmanifest realm. It is the vast and fathomless ocean; its interface with the manifest world is the place where magic and miracles happen, the lands we all know about, and where mystics, shamans, poets, and healers dwell. And Love is what upholds it all; appearances aside, the world is indeed moved by Love.
The Sufis say that the world needs our prayers. Here’s to a magnified and empowered heart enveloping the earth and all her creatures.
Here are some more ideas on the Venus Transit:
The Meaning of the Venus Transit in June by Alison Chester-Lambert
Psychological Astrology and the June 2012 Venus Transit by Margaret Gray
And, whether you were at UAC or not, don’t miss Eric Francis’s coverage of the event at Planet Waves, including a wonderful collection of interviews:
Until next time..in Love..
(1) The article Astrology and the New Physics, was revised and reprinted in TMA 10/09, available here.